Thursday, May 17, 2007

Taking a Cue from the Past

Last night I was doing some much needed spring cleaning in the office. I was going through that box in the closet. You know the one? The one that has been sitting there for years and you say every year you are going to get to it!

I was going through this box and it was like going down memory lane, but one of the items I came across just floored me. Back in my early days of trading the Forex market I use to write out cue cards of areas I was struggling with adjusting to the new market. Prior to driving into currencies I traded the stocks and options entirely on end-of-day trading, and jumping into the hustle and bustle of the Forex market brought a new level of emotional intelligence.

I thought you might enjoy excerpts from my cue cards. I still use them, now they are just internalized!

Cue Card #1: Daily Check List, Set up charts, review economic calendar and news, review the big picture, are the charts reversing or retracing, acceptable reward -risk ratio, why not take the trade, pull the@#$% trigger! An finally, journal results

Cue Card #2

#1 - ALWAYS REVIEW AND PREPARE

#2 - ENTRY DECISIONS ON COMPLETED CANDLES ONLY!!

#3 - SET STOPS CAREFULLY

#4 - DO NOT TRADE AGAINST THE TREND

#5 – RISK LESS IF SECOND RETRACEMENT OF MOVE

On another note…

I am getting a lot of questions about Forex Journey training. Mainly around how and where we teach. To the latter, we do daily live online training in our trading room. This room is a live, online interactive room where we are both training live at the beginning of the New York session. Your membership gives you access to this room every morning.

In the room we follow trading rules based on the Forex Journey principals of integrating candlestick and chart patterns, as well as our comprehensive approach to Fibonacci studies. While training in the room buy and sell opportunities are set up, but during the moment of truth, the decision are left to the individual traders. . Money management techniques demonstrated and trading psychology is always on the menu.

Trading in our room is the perfect way to learn to trade the Forex market. Our techniques are potable to any liquid financial market, and will lead confident and discipline trading.

Click here to begin your Forex Journey!

Happy Trading!