Friday, May 05, 2006

Weekend Rants and Raves

Hi Forex Nation,

Non-Farm Payroll news has come and gone and I am heading for the golf course for some well earned time away from the markets!

I will be spending some time digesting the market events of the past several days this weekend. Before I go I just want to share with you some thoughts.

This is an Associated Press excerpt from my local paper this week …

“The nation’s largest companies continue to move away from providing traditional pensions, with just over a third now offering the benefit to newly hired workers, a sharp drop over the past few years, according to a survey released Wednesday.

Of the nation’s 100 largest companies, just 37 offered a traditional pension plan to new hires in 2005, down from 42 the previous year and 50 in 2002, according to benefits consulting form Watson Wyatt Worldwide.

In 1985, 89 of the largest 100 companies offered pensions.

At the same time, more companies are providing new hires with only a 401(k) or similar defined contribution plan, with 36 employers now going that route, up from 25 in the previous year and 17 in 2002.”

Being an active participant in the markets is going to be critical for us all. Whether you want to be an active trader like myself or just gain the upper hand in your 401(k) and IRA accounts.

Yes, I am a late generation Baby Boomer. I see the attitudes my parents have towards retirement and it is very clear that I am playing under a different set of rules.

Now is the time to take personal responsibility and get educated on the different investments vehicle available. I have chosen the forex market. I have a passion for currencies.

I also trade the stock market. I had a 4th grade teacher who taught our class about the stock market and would bring the New York Times to class every day. In the 4th grade!!!

I dabble in real estate and of course the Internet, primarily to share my passion for the currency market. I encourage everyone to find their passion, monetize it and enjoy life and the changes that life will inevitably bring.

OK, I have rant and raved enough about taking action to ensure your future! If you have been following my blog you know I do this about once per month.

If you really want to know what I think then sign up for FXTC’s FREE Forex Newsletter. I am giving away 2 special report focused on the changing global economy and how to trade the forex market as your part of your retirement plan.

Some new happenings…

FX Trade Central (aka FXTC) has just been updated!

If you are just starting out in FX trading FXTC has pieced together a currency education curriculum to help guide new traders through a solid first year of training and trading.

FXTC has also evaluated more currency trading courses. Visit the education course list to review the best of breed in forex education.

FX Trade Central has entered into an exciting partnership with Elliott Wave International. Visit FXTC regularly to get the latest updates and specials to learn how to ride the wave!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: